Founded in September 2011 Friends of Azalea is a community group formed to improve and maintain the park.
A non profit making community action group comprising of local residents, who can give a little of their time and expertise to support and maintain the park. We need your help to make it an outstanding, vibrant, family-friendly environment
Projects we’ve been involved in:
• Giving the park a new name, logo and identity
• Celebrating the new improved playground (2012)
• Improving the access points
• Encourage educational use through activity sessions.
• Holding community events
• Fund-raising to benefit the park
• Encouraging leisure uses of the whole park
• Protecting and conserving wildlife
• Planting of flowers and gardens
• Providing a community notice board
• Volunteer days for improving the parkland
• Meeting the neighbours and having fun!